Friday, August 27, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Hi everyone,  did you think I forgot you?  I didn't.  Boy the past couple of weeks have been crazy.  You already heard about my baby girl's 18th birthday, I just celebrated my birthday, school just started, my husband had to go out of town again for his work and to top it off all 3 of our cars just broke down at the same time.  Spent a week taking cars back and forth to the repair shop.  It has been a little crazy here at our house.
If you haven't noticed I am a little behind this month on my projects so now I am going to have to work like crazy to get caught up.
Well here is my 1st Christmas card for August.

Cartridges used:  Cindy Loo, George and Basic Shapes and Winter Woodlands.

The card is cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" in white cardstock.
The blue star paper is cut at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" it is from the Debbie Mumm Harvest & Holiday paper pack.  I got this at Joann's last year, I don't know if they still carry it or not.
The snow is cut at 1 1/2" x 5 1/2" and then I just ripped the paper to make it look like snow.  I also ran it thru the cuttlebug using the Tiny Bubbles folder and then I used the Stones folder made by Fiskars.  I really like how it turned out.  Then I added some Icicle stickles around the top of the snow.
Cindy Loo: The deer is cut at 1 1/2" and is found on page 61. I added a little green gem for the eye.
George and Basic Shapes: The moon is a circle cut from this cartridge and is cut at 1 1/2".  It is from a glitter paper pack.
Winter Woodlands: The trees are found on page 37 and are cut at 3 3/8" and at 4"(for inside of card).  I used the icicle stickles for the snow caps. Ran the trees thru the cuttlebug using the Fiskars Fabric plate.
The snowman is found on page 47 and is cut at 2 3/4".
The squirrel is found on page 57 and is cut at 1".  I also added a gem for his eye.
The cardinals are from page 59 and are cut at 1" (cut 3 times, used the flip feature on 2 of them.)
I used 3D Crystal Lacquer on the snowmans hat, scarf and heart, on the cardinals on the top layer of the squirrel and on the white part of the deers face.  You can't really see it from the photo but it really makes them pop out.   I also pop dotted the animals and the snowman.
 
Inside of card.
 
 

I really hope you enjoy, thanks for stopping by.
 

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! We just love that deer from Cindy Loo! I think she is getting more popular than the Cricut! Hee! Hee! Love the card!
    Most Sincerely,
    Bobby & Jill
    http://cricutcouple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

avandia